Skybridge West Africa (SWA) is a seasoned international project development and construction company with diverse market operations. Since 1973, our dedicated principals have completed projects on three continents creating jobs and opportunities for local economies and improving the resiliency of those communities.
SWA has earned recognition for undertaking large complex projects, fostering innovation, and embracing emerging technologies to make a difference for our clients. SWA is a committed firm with a strong international track record for delivering value driven projects and unlocking new growth opportunities for our strategic partners. The principals of SWA bring nearly 100 years of combined expertise in executing complex projects as part of integrated development solutions.
SWA builds on the former US President Barrack Obama’s initiative to bridge the business gap between the United States and Africa. SWA employs these core competencies:
• Public Private Partnership (P3) consulting and project integration
• Planning, design, engineering, construction management and operations
• State-of-the-art construction methods
• Project financing
Project profiles include logistics and infrastructure solutions that span the globe from developed to emerging economies to address emerging demands of business, federal, state and local governments. Our team is comprised of people of West African origin with the international talent to capitalize on opportunities and partner with various entities in West Africa to bridge the business gap.
Skybridge West Africa works to develop and implement transformative solutions across industries ranging from Technology, Education, Environment, Construction and Economic Development.
SWA operates a community-focused business to protect community resources and build on the rich and vibrant history of the continent. Africa is projected to have the highest population growth rate over the coming decades with most of its citizens residing in urban areas. This dramatic growth fueled by consumer demand and spending will appear most prominently in an expanding and rapidly growing middle class. It is rightfully positioned as the catalyst to lead the world in construction, technology, mining and manufacturing. SWA seeks to harness and invest in areas of untapped resources to improve the lives of the citizens of West Africa and build healthy sustainable communities. SWA believes this is achieved through supporting stable political institutions, partnering with educational institutions to provide opportunities, striving for improved productivity and creating economic re-investment into the community in which we serve.
SWA focuses on the community by delivering quality and reliability, the hallmarks of trust.
At SWA, what makes us different is how we treat our people and how our people impact the common world in which we share. It is our people that work collaboratively to address complex situations, deliver quality, understand the meaning of purpose and achieve remarkable success. The ability to make a positive contribution to society is fostered by a culture that recognizes our commitment to diverse options, beliefs, and behaviors with a shared understanding of opportunity, extraordinary performance and humanity.
Our underpinning of employee focus include:
· Trust – trust is very important to our employees and by communicating and empowering them, we engender a healthy environment
· Success - community success, customer success and organization success drive enormous and impactful value to internal and external stakeholders to align the core principle of success
· Learning - innovation, thinking, and idea generation allows us new ways to connect with our partners to address ever changing variables, as our organization learns our community learns
· Opportunity - knowledge, skills and ability drive opportunity, SWA welcomes diverse backgrounds, beliefs and to overcome barriers that inhibit individuals from displaying their skills.
SWA’s ethical principles provide direction to our team members and strategic partners in their daily interaction. SWA does not take a self-righteous position and considers the whole person, however, based upon our collective backgrounds going forward, we strictly adhere to the following uncompromising principles of ethics and integrity:
· Conflict of Interest - team members must report any potential conflict of interest arising from personal and/or contractual relationships
· Personal Enrichment – team members are prohibited from and obligated to report any suspected events of personal enrichment, including but not limited to: bribery, fraud, theft, recklessness, unauthorized expenditures, waste of resources or perceived conflicts of interest
· Whistleblowing – SWA provides
Whistleblowing protection to encourage team members to report suspicious activities related to criminal offense, financial reporting, and inadequate internal controls, personal gain, abuse of power and other irregular activities not listed.
SWA will investigate all reported violations of its ethical principles and allow for due process to ensure adequate representation of the facts.